Connecting to an Apple TV from an iPad
For the full Apple support article on this topic, please refer to the following link: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
AirPlay will open media currently playing on your iPad on an Apple TV. This does not duplicate the display, allowing you to perform other tasks on your device while the media plays. This is preferred for projecting things like longer videos or music.
Inside a supported app, such as YouTube or Drive:
- Press the AirPlay or or Cast button which may look like or
- If asked to select, choose AirPlay & Bluetooth devices
- Select your classroom Apple TV from the list of AirPlay destinations.
Screen Mirroring will duplicate your display on the projector / Apple TV, and is suitable for slideshows and general instruction. We recommend AirPlay for long format projection, like showing a film.
To start Mirroring:
- Open Control Center:
- On an iPhone X or later, or an iPad with iPadOS 13 or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Screen Mirroring .
- Select your classroom Apple TV from the list. It should be named after your classroom.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your projector / Apple TV, simply enter the password on the device.