Connecting to an AppleTV from a Mac
Screen Mirroring will duplicate your display on the projector/TV, and is suitable for general content. If Playing long form content from a streaming service like netflix, it is recommended to just play the content on the apple TV itself.
To start Mirroring:
- Open Control Center:
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click Screen Mirroring .
- Select your Apple TV, from the list, it should be named after your classroom.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your projector/TV screen Simply enter the password on the device.
- if you wish to use the projector as an independent display (extend mode), select Use as separate display from the screen mirror menu.
Connecting with Airplay
Airplay will open media currently playing on your mac on the appleTV. This does not duplicate the display, allowing you to perform other tasks on your device while the media plays. This is preferred for projecting things like longer videos or music. Note: Currently air playing video feature only works in the Safari web browser.
Air playing video (IN SAFARI)
1. On a supported site, such as youtube or many other web video sources, Press the Airplay button in the corner of the video.
2. If asked to select, choose Airplay & bluetooth devices
3. Select your classroom AppleTV from the list of airplay destinations.
Air Playing audio
To output just sound over the appleTV click the speaker icon in the top right hand corner of your computer, then select the name of your classrooms AppleTV